I am so blessed to get to spend the summer months up North at the cottage. One of my favourite things to do is go exploring and you don't have to go far! This precious find was on our property and a big thanks to my dad for taking it down for me to explore! My kinddies are going to love this, check it out below!
A hornets nest!!!!!
These little guys may look like maggots....yuck....but they are actually baby hornets!!!
Happy Summer Everyone!
Since school is out, I decided to join the Weekend Warriors in their 3-2-1 Teacher Bio Challenge.
Ready to learn some fun/or not so fun facts about me? Ready? Set... GO!
1. Everything I have I give to teaching. You see I don't have children of my own, so my 28 little monkeys in my Jungle, I treat them as if they are my own. It sounds nice and pretty, but really at the end of the day I go home lay on my bed and I'm out cold till my husband comes and wakes me up! So yes I give it all, but I need to learn to save some of that energy for me too! LOL
2. Since I teach Kindergarten I feel it is important to keep learning as exciting and engaging as possible. My class does Cosmic Kids YOGA regularly and they love it! (and so do I)
3. I am obsessed with classroom environment. What would a classroom be without it? BORING. So in my jungle I love all things leopard, neon pink and green and any other animal print you can find!
1. Yes I am addicted, and no I do not want to quit.
2. Health and being active are very important to me so I am a Vegan and I LOVE to exercise. I teach fitness and yoga classes but some personal yoga time on the beach or surrounded by nature is my favourite place to be!
I would love to give back. Ideally I would love to go visit my sponsor child in Indonesia, but any place where I could share my love and passion for others is a must on my bucket list.
Well, there you have it! I have shared a little bit about me, now its your time to share a little bit about you!
I absolutely love Colbie Caillat and I love her song "Try" however after you watch this video (especially if you are a grandma, mom, wife, woman or girl) this video speaks directly to you and I am sure you will be a fan!
I can't believe that today is the last day of school. Today our SK's graduated into Grade 1's and our Juniors have now become Seniors! My little monkeys have all grown up! A BIG shout out to all of the thoughtful parents out there (you know who you are) for the fabulous gifts, I am truly flattered.
Speaking of thoughtful gifts (not to brag) but check out the DIY gift that I made my fabulous teaching partner!
I am so excited about our Father's Day Gift here in Kindergarten! Check it out below. Its a Tic Tac Toe game made on a maple tree wood piece. We sanded it, painted it, podged it and voila! The kids sorted the rocks into dark and light piles and selected their own.
I have to admit the best part is the new tool that I got to buy for this craft. Its called a Wood Burning Pen it was kind of tricky to start off with, but with a few practices I got the hang of it! That way the kids names and date were burned into the wood on the back.
Using the Wood Burning Pen
Our finished product
We had the chance to even play our Tic Tac Toe games with our Dad's. Check out the pics below!