Image Map

Saturday 1 August 2015

Money Saving Tips



Happy August Everyone! Last month I joined up with Weekend Warriors to share some facts about me (or maybe boring, depending on who you are) so this month we are sharing our money saving tips and tricks for all of you!



SO HERE WE GO

GARAGE SALES

I love the summer months because its Garage Sale time! I absolutely LOVE Garage Sales. My husband and I wake up early most weekends to hit those houses and let me tell you we are on a mission!!!! I have learned many lessons when Garage Saling so here they are...

1. Never be afraid to haggle, even if its for a dollar 

2. Go through book bins (I know it can be a hassle, however I get many of my levelled readers from garage sales and they are in mint condition)

3. Hit the Street Sales. You get more bang for your buck when you hit a whole bunch of houses at one time.

4. Neighbourhoods are important. Pay attention to the houses and types of individuals that live in the neighbourhood, if you are a teacher you want new homes with young children, not older homes with antiques. Although nothing is wrong with antiques!

5. Tell them you are a teacher!!!!!!! People always have a heart for teachers especially when they realize how much of our own money we spend on our classroom.

Here are just a few of my amazing Garage Sale finds...
Brand New!
Giant Floor Puzzle
Who can turn down Melissa and Doug puzzles for .50c??????

You will never believe how much this came to in total. Ok guess.....

$5.00!!!!!!!!!!!!     
 So hit those Garage Sales people!!!!!



NATURE


Use nature as a means of teaching. In Canada our curriculum asks us to involve our students in Outdoor Education as much as possible. Did you know that being in nature can decrease anxiety, alter you mood and has been known to helps those with ADHD! So it costs nothing, but means everything here are some examples of what I mean.



Use as manipulatives
Do your shapes with rocks

Practice your letters

Water Tables with Nature




MAKE YOUR OWN GAMES
Do not be afraid to play with powerpoint and create your own activities and games. Yes it does take a lot of time, but it is so worth it. I have created many games over the years and I am able to pull them out at any time, its great! Especially for Kindergarten. Just make sure you laminate those puppies, you want to keep them for a while. Head over to my TPT store to check out some of my stuff!